I have “work” bags and I have “weekend” bags. My work bags are normally large totes that can probably hold and carry a small child. My work bag carries a laptop at times and is compartmentalized using a bag organizer insert that I can easily take out of one bag and place in another.
Now my weekend Bag!!!! That’s my carefree, small and fun bag. The only thing I carry on the weekends while I’m shopping, eating out or going on our many city excursions is my wallet, phone and maybe a lip gloss (but definitely chapstick).
Bag: H&M– http://www.hm.com/us/product/73542?article=73542-B&cm_vc=PRA1
My weekend shoulder or crossbody always contain:
- My leather Cole Haan coin purse that I use exclusively as my wallet. I carry my cards and cash in that purse. The purse goes from my weekend to work bag with ease. I don’t like carrying a traditional (large) wallet because they are just too large.
This purse is similar to the purse that I own.
2) Carmex. I have tried all of the other brands and nothing works for repairing my dry lips like Carmex. I keep a stash in my car, several tubes at home and I always have a tube in my purse no matter the season.
3) E.L.F Red Matte lipstick. Every now and then I want to feel fabulous. It can happen at any time. I may be on the subway and I want to feel NYC fab. How do I do that in an instant? Red Lips. This red is perfect for my skin tone and the matte is not too drying. My lips are already super dry so some mattes can make my lips feel and look like I need a gallon of water. Not cute.
The perfect red.
4) Dickenson”s Witch Hazel Towelettes. Now these are new to my bag and I love using them in the warmer months when I’m up and about because my skin tends to get oily and nothing feels better than a quick swipe of the witch hazel wipes over my skin.
Refreshing and cool when used on my face.
5) As a New Yorker, my Metro Card is always stashed in my purse but the train rides have gotten so pricey that there are times when my family will opt to drive to our whereabouts instead of hopping on the train because driving is cheaper after you factor in fares for the three of us. My purse also has to hold my keys (which is bulky–I have no clue why) buy I have a cool mountain clamp that I can use to clamp the key onto the outside of my purse if my bag is too small.
What are your weekend purse essentials?
I’ve been living in my black high waist H&M jeans. I added a rip in both knees because it looks cool. I know older people who ask me all the time if I really pay for clothing with rips and tears ALREADY in them. It’s an old folk joke and it gets me every time. I’m a fan of holes and worn out looking clothing. I won’t pay an exorbitant amount for it though. That would just be silly. It makes me feel very rock-star, very hip when there is a hole or two in my outfit. I need to feel like Kanye when my 9 to 5 and mom days become overwhelming.
When in doubt, opt for denim and a classic white shirt. You can never go wrong.
The black and camel coat and nude sandals are perfectly paired.
I know it’s cold and a leather jacket may not be enough but nothing looks cooler with ripped jeans than leather.
Greys and blacks are no fail. This faux leather sac is perfect for slinging on your back, leaving your hands free for browsing the racks or hold your little ones hand when walking.
What key pieces have you been living in for the past few months?
Old Navy is one of my absolutely favorite stores. I get the essentials for myself and my daughter there for all seasons. The prices are always right for me and they keep on trend with all of the top brands all while keeping things very classic. The classic pieces are always great with bold accessories.
This Old Navy White Vintage Tee has been a Summer staple.
I paired my tee with a high bun and gold plated ear cuffs from H&M.
The red lips are a combo of MAC’s “Ruby Woo” and a gloss.
Skin courtesy of the Summer sun.
Closeup of the coin chain that I purchased at the H&M on the Champs Elysees in Paris.
H&M “PeaceandLove” ear cuff.
Photos: John Ricard and Angelique Ricard
My sister and her family live in Ohio. I know, doesn’t sound so exciting because we hail from the hustle and bustle of NYC. We visited for the weekend so that our little ones can get together and spend some quality time beyond FaceTime. It is nice to be away from the rat race and settle a little in suburbia. They live a cute town called Mason. It is here that we went to Prasco Park ballpark, sponsored by Chik Fil-A for the night. Free food and snacks were distributed all night. We also went to the sweetest Farmer’s Market,Findlay Market, reminds me a little of Paris with the flowers framing the base of the building windows. I’ll be back Cincy.
We enjoyed a free ballgame, snacks from Mr. Softee and Chick Fil A at Prasco Park.
I lived in these H&M sandals that I purchased last Summer for 10 bucks!
Spent some time at Findlay Market. This market has a real historic, Parisian feel. Great fruits and veggies on the outside and meats on the inside.
Fruits on display at Findlay Market.
I got the greatest fresh fruit icy pop at a little store called “Panda”. This nook was so charming.
Inside of Findlay Market I found “Velvet Smoke BBQ”. I had an amazing pulled pork BBQ sandwich and 3 cheese mac n cheese.
As you walk up to Findlay Market you are greeted by the cutest Coffee Truck called “Urbana Cafe”.
What did I wear? My Old Navy striped T, Aero distressed denim, H&M sandal along with my Gucci canvas tote.
Check them out here at: